Introduction to LaTeX
Course description: The course “Introduction to LaTeX" offers an introduction to the text typesetting system LaTeX. LaTeX documents always consist of a set of different files. First, an input document is written in pure text with certain LaTeX commands in a text editor and then generated as a PDF document. The structure of such an input document is the focus of this course. In the course of this workshop, a personal template should be created which can be used for longer reports or essays, your own dissertation as well as scientific articles.
- Installation of the TeX-Editor and an introduction to the LaTeX development environment "TeX-Maker"
- General structure of a LaTeX file
- Introduction to the different LaTeX document classes
- "Article" (scientific articles),
- "Report" (term papers, reports),
- "Book" (dissertation and books)
- Font types and sizes, colors, text alignment
- Page layout
- Creating short mathematical formulas
- Integration of images and graphics
- Creating tables and enumerations
- Creating and integrating a bibliography
- Creating and embedding preambles
- Use of a predefined template
Target group: PhD candidates and PostDocs
Please inform yourself about current dates in the service portal under UR internal dates.
Location: Albert-Einstein Straße, ITMZ, PC Pool, Room 201
Lecturer: Tanja Auge
Registration: Online Registration