Introduction to LaTeX II
Course Description: The course “Introduction to LaTeX" offers an introduction to the text typesetting system LaTeX. LaTeX documents always consist of a set of different files. First, an input document is written in pure text with certain LaTeX commands in a text editor and then generated as a PDF document. The structure of such an input document is the focus of this course. In the course of this workshop, a personal template should be created which can be used for longer reports or essays, your own dissertation as well as scientific articles.
- Generation of mathematical, scientific formulas like
- mathematical symbols, sums, integrals, brackets and arrows
- different mathematical environments ($-environment, equation, array, eqnarray, align, ...)
- Integration of source code like C++, Java, Pascal, R, …
- Literature management using BibTeX
- Structure of a LaTeX beamer file
- Creating Slides
- Structuring, columns, blocks, overlays
- Integration of graphics and tables
- Themes (Inner, Outer, Color, Font, ...)
- Structure of a LaTeX poster
- Embedding graphics and headings
- Corporate design of the university
Target Audience: Graduates of the LaTeX beginners´ course
Date: Please inform yourself about current dates in the service portal under UR internal dates.
Location: Albert-Einstein Straße, ITMZ, PC Pool, Room 201
Lecturer: Tanja Auge
Participation Fee: free of charge
Note: Please bring your own notebook!